Friday, January 29, 2016

Potted Sunflower

Hello Glad you stopped by.  Today I am featuring the new Sunflower Set  as well as a few other new dies. Cheery Lynn Designs new release had so many beautiful dies and they are so easy to work with to make beautiful cards very quickly.


For my base I started with the Rectangle Scalloped LG Purple Stackers  and then layered a beige paper next that I embossed with the Black Eyed Susans. A little ink on the embossing makes it pop a bit more. I then made a frame with the Rectangle Stitch and Cut Tool  by cutting the center out of it and then popped it up. The new Deutschland Square Doily  was tucked in behind the frame with the Deutschland Tag  layered off side. The corners are from the new Deutschland Accents. The accents, tag and flower pot were all cut in black and then Inka  Golds was added to give them a metal look. These new accents and tags are a nice addition to match up with previously release designs from CLD.

Here is a close up of the new Sunflower Set  that was potted in one the  new Flower Pots . All the detail in the sunflower is just amazing. With a little distress ink and a stylus to shape it a bit it will turn out beautifully with hardly any work.

I appreciate that you stopped by to check out my creation. Thanks again to those who take the time to leave a comment. It is always nice to hear what you think.

I would like to invite you now to join our challenge @http://cheerylynndesigns.blogspot.ca/search/label/challenge. The theme is "Anything Goes".
I would love to see your creations.

Dies Used
Deutschland Square Doily - DL315
Deutschland Tag - B683
Deutschland Accents - B690
Flower Pots - B667
Sunflower Set - B663
Rectangle Stitch and Cut Tool - LG Silver Stitch Tool - LSC-16
Rectangle Scalloped LG Purple Stackers Nesting Dies (Set of 6) - XL-15
Black Eyed Susans - E148

I have entered this card into the Add A Flower Challenge @  http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.ca/2016/01/add-flower.html




1 comment:

maureenjscott said...

hi Debbie, I have just popped over from Crafting By Designs and thank you for joining in our 'Add a Flower' challenge. Can I ask that you link back to our blog please and mention the challenge in your post? Also, if you are playing with us again, which we would love to see you back, can you add the link to the specific post rather than to your whole blog so that we can go straight to your entry.
That said, I love the sunflower, fabulous dies you've used, a great card! mo x